Friday, July 21, 2006

How Show Tunes are Part of my Life

Went on a "Mattie" walk today. Mattie is my black terrier-type pound dog. Mostly when I walk I listen to sound tracks from movies and sometimes show tunes. Most of my friends don't get my music choices. I think that each note in the air was created by God so any music that inspires me is "Christian" music. I think I like sound tracks because when I'm walking I feel like I'm in a movie about I guess, a middle aged woman walking her dog. So far, I don't have a plot for that movie. I also do a lot of thinking and praying when I walk, but that doesn't show up well on a movie screen either.

The show tunes just make me happy. Possibly I like them because my home state, Oklahoma, has a whole musical about it...."when I take you out in the surrey, with the fringe on top."

Speaking of surrey with the fringe on top...My next door neighbor growing up in Hobart, Oklahoma had a miniature surrey with fringe and bicycle foot pedals. She and I rode to kindergarten in the surrey. Wish I had a picture of that. So I guess if I ever play the game of saying something that I have done but most people haven't , I'd probably have to go with the surrey thing.

This blog thing is quite interesting. I get to write down some of the weird stuff that floats through my mind, and I'm not particularly bothering anyone by doing it. The only question I have is this something that could "be used against me in a court of law" if my kids want to prove that I'm incompetent...I said incompetent, but incontinent.

until next time...mamachick

No comments: