Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Blog Bog

I'm a little "bogged" down about writing a "blurb" on my "blog" today, mainly because i feel like a "blob".

Life has changed for me quite a bit this year. I have just come off one of the busiest years of my life and now i'm living in one of the slowest years. I'm living with no kids at home anymore, a job change, a new, "what's my purpose now? kinda time.

I've been several things throughout my adult years. I started in public relations at a hospital and then in PR at United Way of Delaware. I've dressed up as cartoon characters and marched in parades. I made odd things out of felt, glue, and cardboard before one could virtually buy anything on the internet, i interviewed, wrote articles and radio shows to highlight a featured person or agency. I made brochures the old fashioned way by literally cutting and pasting.

A few years later, became a preschool teacher. I did that for awhile and then I became a music and drama teacher. Most of the time, I was just filling a need, either for a friend or an inherent, deep down need of my own to change or evolve. I am either directionless or I have too many interests and can't narrow down one career for a lifetime.

When I moved to N. Augusta, I worked as an artist-in-residence in CSRA schools teaching drama and creative writing. I've taught seminars in personalities, budget decorating, organization and marriage.

So now as i contemplate what I want to do now, the only thing i feel i have left is to be a school crossing guard or say"my pleasure" and work at Chic-Fil-A. I really wish I had made a master plan to "be a teacher" or "be a nurse" or "be an airline pilot" or "be an international spy", but i didn't do that. So here i am after twenty something years of working, wondering what i want to be when i grow up.

Maybe i'll be a cowgirl...a trapeze artist...a clown (no, clowns scare me). I'll take any suggestions.

Until next time...mamachick

No comments: