Monday, March 26, 2007

It's time for a new update on Mattie, the Wonder Dog. If you think...what else could the woman say about her dog..

Ok. so my kids are married, my job is contract work and I have some dead time...

This is what creative women do when there's time on their hands. We either become the "cat lady" with 18 cats and let our house run down and then the neighbors call into the authorities and they come snatch the felines and condemn the property OR we have a cute little doggie and we dress them up and make them into our furry little friends. The latter are probably the kids who had an imaginary friend names Winkie. Let's just say, hypothetically, that I'm the dog kind of woman.

Lance came home last week and yelled, "I've got a surprise for you". I know many women might be thinking jewelry, but I know Lance all too well. Lance is practical so I thought maybe some new roach spray or some kind of mosquito eating machine that he got off the Internet. But this time, he really came home with something good, really good. he bought me a car seat for Mattie. I was elated.

We hooked it up and I taught Mattie how to climb in it. I hooked her to the clip to hold her stable and we went for a ride. We rolled down Mattie's window and she hung her stretched her head out the window as far as she could confined by the clip on her collar. She was one happy dog!

After taking doggie car rides for this week, I'm thinking that we'd look really good in a blue pick-up truck like my grandpa's. I'd look quite eccentric driving in my pick 'em up with my pooch hanging out. Maybe, I'll get a gun rack...maybe I'll spend my day drivin' in the country with my dog...or maybe I'll just dress Mattie up in her pink jeweled dress and take her for ice cream at Brewster's.

Until next post,

Mama Chick

No comments: